Thursday, July 8, 2010

you know you are getting old when...

You know you are getting old when you get excited about lame things. Things like:

A new Kitchen Appliance
"Cool" silverware
Getting to bed by 9:00 (PM)
Matching linens
Cereal going on sale
Gas dropping .10/gal
And Mini Vans

Yes, I'm excited about a mini van, cause we just BOUGHT ONE!!! (No, I'm not pregnant....I know someone was going to ask) I spent about an hour and a half at the bank this morning with the Kids getting everything squared away. (It originally was just going to be a few mins, but the guy we bought it from ended up coming over so I had to wait for him) The people there were great, giving the kids suckers, stickers, things to color, distracting a cry with an app on their i phone.
I got all the paper work out of the way, now we just need to go pick it up. Soon as Mark gets home we are going.
It's an 05 Dodge Grand Caravan, it's white, and has the stow n go seating, which we LOVE! AND AND AND, it has LESS then 48000 mi on it.
I'll do the picture thing once we get it. I'm a little sad to see my little Ford Escort go. I've had that thing for 8 years, and it's been a GREAT car. Almost every repair has been easy and cheap, something Mark can do in an afternoon.
But let me tell you, I wont miss contorting around the door into the back seat trying to get kids in a buckled (especially in a dress) We have it sold already, but they can't pay fro it just yet. Which is good for Lydia. When I was telling her that she wont ride in Chitty Bang Bang again she started to cry. This will give her a chance to get use to the idea. :) (yeah, she gave the car a hug and KISS yesteday "I love you Chitty Bang Bang!" she said)

3 comments:

Garry the Jeweler said...

Lydia is such a drama queen. I wonder where that came from.

Lildonbro said...

Aside from the going to bed by 9:00 p.m. and the mini-van I don't think the other stuff makes you old (mostly because I get excited about that stuff and I am NOT OLD!)

Sheri said...

lol, Poor Lydia.