To date I think my all time best bargain is our tempurpedic bed. A bed that never goes on sale, EVER, and I got $700 off the exact model I wanted. (yes I'm awesome, please hold your applause till the end)The one I kick my self for not getting was a $1600 violin going for $125. Mark said I should look at it before I buy it so I asked to look at it, they said yes, so when I called for directions she told me she had just sold it. :( live and learn friends (now I have a cheap Chinese model)
Moving on. My most recent great deal was an exercise bike. Not the most exciting purchase in the world, but I was not about to buy one NEW, so I check craigslist. Found 3 that we liked. $150 max price, but preferred $100. Found this one

$237 at Wal Mart new. Posted for $170, bought 2 months ago. I shoot him $150, he offers $165, I give final offer of $155, he takes it. When we went to pic it up, we foudn out that he is LITERALLY just around the corner -convenient.
If we bought it new from Wal Mart we would have had to pay taxes which brings it close to $250, AND we would have had to assemble it.
The only bad thing about this good deal, is now we have a tacky piece of exercise equipment in our living room. :S ...yaaaay (said with a nerdy crackly voice)
2 comments:
Yay for good deals!
Ooh, I like that it has a comfy seat instead of a bike seat! :)
Post a Comment