Sunday, June 27, 2010

Special Family Movie Night

So yesterday we got BOTH kids to take a LONG nap at the SAME TIME up in THEIR ROOM...TOGETHER! Do you know how great that is! (Ok I actually did get a little board but that's not the point)
While they were sleeping We decided it would be fun to get a movie for the kids, and some movie treats, and spread a blanket out on the floor for them. They LOVED it. They each got their pillow (or bear in Danton's case) and a little bowl of pop corn and a little bowl of skittles. They were so cute. If you didn't know, blankets are MAGIC. If you spread a big blanket out on the floor they HAVE to play on it.
I didn't get a picture cause the flash in my camera is broken, but I got a short video on the video camera (which I wont have posted today)
They didn't last the whole movie, which I didn't figure they would. Danton lasted till his food was gone, which surprisingly was about 30 mins. He LOVED the skittles. In the middle of the move we headed up to the tub, he had STICKY hands, a messy face, and a mouth FULL of skittles. It was so cute. Then Lydia came up to the tub too, which was good, they both needed it, but I wish I could have gotten a picture of Danton. It looked like he had gotten a hold of a package of markers. He had bright colors EVERYWHERE, including the back of his neck from laying on pre-sucked-on skittles.
I even got them the little 1/2 size cans of soda, but when it came down to it, we didn't' give them to the kids, too much of a potential mess.
SO they got to stay up late (8:30) and of course Lydia was up like clock work at 6:16...just like EVERY morning. 6:16, I kid you not. Danton is still sleeping....did you catch that? Danton is STILL sleeping. It's 9:02. (I'm keeping Lydia home from church today cause we think she has ring worm, she has a DR appointment tomorrow.....if you were wondering)(which worked out well with Danton sleeping in :)

4 comments:

The Ottley's said...

9:02? It's about time you get a taste of the sweet life!

Great family idea!!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hahah I love that danton had it on his neck. LOL. And what a great gift to have him sleep past 9! thats amazing! Sounds like a fun day!

Sarah said...

He slept till 9:45!!!!! and 9:00 again this morning!!! (but that's cause Lydia kept us up last night with an ear ache...good thing we were already headed to the DR this morning)

Lildonbro said...

I already left a comment, but I don't think it went through...stupid internet