He came over to baby sit a few days later and brought it with him. And of course now Lydia thinks it's HER trumpet and she tells me she is going to play it in High School. (which is fine by me :) )
Friday, June 25, 2010
Dumpster Trumpet
So my bother Marshall got home from his Mission a few weeks ago, and one of the first stories he told us was that he and one of his companions would find all sorts of cool stuff in the dumpsters. His companion Elder Owen was really REALLY tall and as they walked by a dumpster he would just look in. Well As they were walking by one dumpster he said "Hey Adams...want a Trumpet?"They pulled it out and looked at it, and it was actually in pretty good condition. So to bring it home with him, Marshall had to vacuum pack (which he also found the bags in a dumpster) all his stuff to get the trumpet in there too.I had to take a look at it when he got home, and the Trumpet is nothing special, but it's in much better condition then both mine and Marshall's trumpets. I just thought that was cool. "Woah, hey look, a FREE trumpet!"Marshall came over one night with my cousin cause they were bored, and hungry and we started talking about Music. Before he went on his mission he use to brag that he could play more instruments then any of his siblings. He loves music just as much as I do, so it was fun talking music with him. He asked if I still play my trumpet and I said I do. Not very often, but I try to pull all my instruments out and play for my kids (not all at once, I'm good, but I'm not THAT good :) ) Then, (this is the good part) THEN he said I could HAVE the trumpet he found!!!!! WHAT!?!?! Ok. :)
He came over to baby sit a few days later and brought it with him. And of course now Lydia thinks it's HER trumpet and she tells me she is going to play it in High School. (which is fine by me :) )
So today I pulled it out to really play it. (now my lips are not what they use to be. I can't play for 2 hours any more, 20 mins is about my max) But he gave me his extra mouth piece too, which is cool cause now I have 3 different mouth pieces (which makes it's easier to play different things) It was fun, the "dumpster trumpet" just needs a little cleaning, the valves stick a bit. The trumpet is, and has always been my favorite instrument...and now I have TWO!! :) Thanks Uncle Marshall!
He came over to baby sit a few days later and brought it with him. And of course now Lydia thinks it's HER trumpet and she tells me she is going to play it in High School. (which is fine by me :) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha! That is awesome! So...who really plays more instruments, you or him?
My brother played the trumpet... I about killed him. God bless you women!
D-you know I'm not sure who plays more now. it depends on if he can still play all the ones he use to play, and how good you have to be to be able to say that you play an instrument. :)
Tami-I know how annoying brother with loud instruments can be...there were 3 at my house....But I was NEVER annoying. When I play it's like listening to a sunset. (And people say trumpet players have big heads...)
...And I'm keeping my mute just in case Lydia does decide to play in HS. :)
Like listening to a sunset! Oh brother Sarah. We had two trombones and one trumpet and a piano to listen to when you were in High School and not one of them sounded like a sunset.
Mom
I think I love your mother!
Post a Comment