Monday, March 2, 2009

The Joys of Boys

It happens to everyone, and I knew it would happen to me eventually as well. Every baby boy pees on SOMEONE when he is getting his diaper changed at LEAST once. Up till last friday Danton only peed on him self. I thought I was doing pretty good. I had to change his clothes a few times but other than that the stream was contained. I was doing the trick where you put the front of the diaper on first then tuck it under the back.
Well Friday poor little Danton had is circumcision. I can't change him quite as fast cause he is crying and I'm trying to be sensitive. Well he did it, he got me. 3 times with in 24 hours of the procedure. Twice in the middle of the night where there wasn't enough light to see it, I just felt it, and once during the day he got my shirt. I think he was just getting back at me for putting him through that.
Oh and his cord FINALLY fell off today. The nurse that cut it cut it really long and it really got in the way. So I'm glad that thing is gone now, and I don't have to mess with it.
As for Mark and I, Yesterday we were called into Bishops office, you know what that means. I was extended a call. And we were both asked to speak this month. Bishop said the RS wanted to utilize my talents (horay for RS and not primary!) But I did not accept the call. They know I am musical so they asked for me to be the pianist. I told Bishop I would if he wanted me to but the hymns would be slow and with the right hand only. I can't play the piano. I am willing to learn, but in the mean time we would be singing acapella, for a good year. :)
Typically when you ask someone in the church if they are "musical" they can play the piano, but that is exactly why I don't play, cause I'm not typical. I like (and ALWAYS have) things that are very atypical. Now if the RS wants a banjoist or a concertinist to play hymns in RS I'm more than happy to help.

6 comments:

Keith said...

Haha, I would love to see that lesson where you play your banjo in RS... hehehe, funny thought...

Sheri said...

haha about being called to be pianist. Sorry about your son peeing on you. Sort of. It sort of makes me laugh a little bit inside, but I wouldn't tell you that.

Unknown said...

Love your post, Sarah! (found you off Sheri's blog). Having two boys myself, I have experienced "hey, I wasn't wet a second ago..." more than once. My little one, though, got REALLY mad when he peed on his head once. He was about ten days old, and my MIL was changing his diaper. He was so mad that any time he saw her (for the next TWO HOURS!) he would start screaming like she'd taken all his little dignity away. And, as far as RS piano, in some RS, ANY piano is better than no piano. :) And, tell Mark hi for me.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Haha yeah you could sing send me to glory in a glad bag for the opening song...and Oh suzanna for the closing. BAHH!!!! hahahaha

And as for you thinking he peed on you to get you back. Nu uh. he peed on you because he can get away with it. Little boys will do anything they can get away with. TRUST ME.

word verification: phoosi=that was a phoosi of a tinkel!

Jill and Travis said...

I remember those days of trying to change the diaper as quick as you could before an "accident". My brother-in-law bought a "Pee-Pee Tee-Pee" for his little boy. It is seriously a little tent that blocks the pee-pee. I wonder if it really worked. And question for you...did placing the cloth in Lydia's diaper so she could feel the wetness work? Just thought I'd give it a shot if it did.

Sarah said...

well I made the cloth too small, and the first time I did it she had diarrhea. It didn't make much of a difference for her, but she is so stubborn and she wasn't ready fro it yet. One day she decided she was ready for the potty and she has gone nearly every day since then. Soon as I'm recovered I want to get big girl underwear and see how she does. But I think the cloth w oudl work for other kids, Lydia wont do anything until she is good and ready.