Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Danton's Itinerary

Well tomorrow is the big day. Danton will be here! Horay. I'm glad I know that I don't have to try and sleep more than one more night. I was hoping I could be well rested this week, but not so. I'm sleeping like a pregnant woman, which is not all that restful.
Tonight Lydia is going to go stay with Granny and Papa, and then Mark and I have to wake up at 5ish to be at the hospital at 6.
Danton's "flight" doesn't arrive till 7:30, but you know how it goes, gotta be their PLENTY early so the Dr's don't wait on you, but you wait on them. I think 45 mins is ample time, but I guess I was wrong.
So Danton will be arriving around 7:30, and then they will wisk him away for APGAR's and bath and I guess Daddy can be there for all that, and I will stay and they will stich me all back up and then I'll have to go to recovery.
I had my pre admissions appointment yesterday and they said that if I want they can give me a good old sleepy drug while they are stitching me up and everything so nothing bothers me. I'm not sure if I want to do that or not. It makes me delusional and unable to focus, and for recovery that might be nice, but I don't know how long it will last. I don't want to be like that ALL DAY.
We will send out the phone calls tomorrow to let everyone know how things went, even though you all know when he will be here.
I'm mostly ready to go, I still have to finish packing our bags, and make sure I do the dishes after dinner tonight. But my house is all clean, like seriously it's the cleanest it's ever been. I worked on it every day this week so I didn't' overwhelm my self today.
Mark will probably post pictures tomorrow, if not, then at least by Friday I'm sure. Kinda depends on how the day goes and how tired he is when he gets home.

8 comments:

Chelsi said...

Can't wait to see pics of the little man! As organized as you guys were packing, I can see you dividing the cleaning list up to get the whole house done. ha ha Good luck!!

Jill and Travis said...

Yay! How exciting. It sounds like everything is in order and well planned. We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Lildonbro said...

Ahhh...the baby is coming!!

Take the drugs. :)

Laureen said...

I've been thinking about you all week. I hope everything goes well for you both. Danton will probably be born before I even wake up. Don't worry, I'll take a nap for you anyway.

Sheri said...

SARAH!!! I'm so sorry, I was going to call you tonight so I could talk to you before the big day, and I spaced it. Now it's almost 11:00 your time, and it would be very wrong of me to call this late. Especially since you have to get up at an unholy hour to get your stomache sliced open. I hope everything goes well, we'll be praying for you and thinking about you. I'm excited for sweet Danton to come! Good luck!

Cassie Rakes said...

Oh, the little guy is here by now, that's craziness.

Mark said...

ok he's here 7lbs 9oz, 20 inches long everyone is doing great. She's at Cox south call me if you want room number or Sarah she has her phone.

zac and manami said...

can't wait for the new arrival pictures!!!