Tuesday, February 3, 2009

THUNBEAM! and Potty wonder

Sunday night driving home Lydia was so tired. It was already bed time but she wasn't falling asleep in the car. She likes to sing songs and she has a few favorites jinkey bells (jingle bells) thunbeam song (sunbeam) ABC's, I think there are one or two more but I can't remember them at this time. So as we were driving daddy asked her if she wanted to sing a song. No answer for a while. Then he started suggesting songs, he sang almost an entire song with her quiet in the back then we hear
"mommy, thunbeam"
you want me to sing sunbeam?
yeah
Jesus wants me for a sun-
Jinkey bells!
you want me to sing jingle bells?
mommy jinkey bells
Jingle bells jingle bells, jingle-
THUNBEAM!
I just sang sunbeam, you wanted me to sing jingle bells
Thunbeam. mommy, thunbeam
Jesus want's' me for-
No, ABC's
How bout YOU sing it Lydia.
(long pause)
You sing what song you want.
...thunbeam.
I gave up after that. There is no pleasing a cranky tired little girl

Something happened with the potty like over night this week. Over the past several months Lydia woudl go potty on the toilet once every couple weeks. Recently every time she actually went potty was when SHE asked to go, not when it was Mommy or Daddy's idea. But I knew with her I couldnt push the issue too much. She would do it when she was ready. It has to be her idea, she can be sutborn about a lot of things. So we tried to make the potty fun and positive. Yesterday she went 3 times, and each time she told us she needed to go! We were VERY excited.
She has been running a fever and has not been feeling well, she woke up last night with a high temp and I oculdnt give her more tylenol yet so I gave her a bath to try to help. after her bath I put her back in bed and she went back to sleep. This morning we were watching cartoons, well mmommy was holding Lydia on her lap, Lydia was watching, mommy was sleeping. She said potty a couple times but I just ignored it. Then a few mons later she said it again, she really wanted to go. So I made my self get up. She had to go find her dolly first though, then we ran to the bathroom and sat on the potty. Her diaper was STILL dry AND she went pee on the potty!
When she goes potty we wipe then put on a diaper, then flush and she likes to say goodbye to the potty, see you later. ...gee I hope not. Then we wash our hands and get arm candies. Though I think the arm candies are getting old. She LOVES to get them, but I dont think she has even eaten one, and she has had it for like an hour. But I guess it's still effective if as soon as she goes potty she gets excited adn says "Arm Candies?!" I think I might start a treat jar with a variety of little treats that she can choose one, maybe that will be more exciting.
Anyway, her progression has TOTALLY suprised me. I guess she is ready for the potty. She turned 2 and all of a sudden she is a big girl. Potty is not the only big girl change, it's just been the most dramatic. (in a good way)

2 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

I love the Jinky Bells. That's fun to say! Sometimes Ethan has a hard time deciding what exactly he wants too! And yay for the potty training! I am not excited to go through it (well with Ethan, I already...nevermind), but I am excited for the end result. Good job Lydia!

Laura Willis said...

Good for you! That is awesome. I hope she is feeling better.