So Lydia, like always, with her birth did things when and how she wanted. She was head down my ENTIRE 3rd trimester and the a few hours before I went into Labor she flipped around to a breech position. And I had FAST labor.
Readers digest of a short story, Talked to my DR he did a quick exam and sent me in a wheel chair across the hospital to have a c section. I had about 30 between the exam and the time Lydia was officially born.
I wanted to do VABC, recovery is so much easier, and there is no "limit" on the number of children you can have. Now I don't think I want 10 kids. And we may only end up with 4, at this point I think I want more than that, but the Lord knows how many kids need to be sent to our family. After having my Dr talk to me about the risks of a VBAC and encourage me to have a C section I rethought my preferences, made it a matter of much prayer and took it to the temple as well.
I have come to the conclusion that although I'd still prefer VBAC I feel I should do a C section, and I'm no longer nervous or freaked out or sad about it. I'm excited that I know when Danton will be born and there is no longer a guessing game.
What risks? do you ask? 1 in 100 chance of uterine rupture. Normally I'll take my chances, sounds painful, but with the same odds I'd take my chances with a lot of other things as well. But the rupture has serious conciquences. The biggest one being brain damage to the baby. I think I couldnt live with my self if a decision I made cause my baby to suffer from any amount of Brain damage.
So now you know the reason I have opted to do a planned C section, also the fact that I wont have to expirence Labor sounds AWESOME!
So when is it do you ask? the big day is:
THURSDAY FEBURARY 12.
That is in 4 weeks for thoes who are not infront a calendar, I am due on the 24, so that is almost 2 weeks earlier. I'm SO excited.
And I have had a request for a prego picture from a few of you, you won't get it today, but I will post ONE sometime before I go in. Just picture me with a basket ball under my shirt and you about have it. :)
7 comments:
I'm glad you have made a decision on the C section. Who really knows what risk you would be putting you and your baby at.
Yay for danton's arrival! I'm super excited we have a date, and even SUPERER excited that it's two weeks early! Wahoo!
When I started reading I was a little sad, I continued reading and I am happy. I am happy that he is healthy and about a specific date. I am happy you won't have to experience labor and the most happy that you are at peace with every thing. You can never go wrong when you consult with your Heavenly Father first.
Good luck and congratulations.
You were up kinda early today! That's exciting to know the date. That is always a bonus! Hope all goes well... and YES we want to see pics of your basketball. My imagination isn't that good.
You didn't want a Valentine's baby?
Okay I know this is unasked for advice, but VBAC are starting to be encouraged here, BIG TIME, after a lot studies being done. There are risks both ways but from what I have been told they are leaning the other way now. BUT if you think this is what you need to do by all means do it. I would just say don't take one Dr. opinion, because it's way easier on Dr. if they can schedule a C, no coming in the middle of the night. At least I know my new Dr. seems to push for them.
I still would rather do VBAC, but I took it up with a higher authority then my Dr. :) I'm still hoping for some fluke thing to happen like an ice storm or something that makes me not be able to have a C section and I get to do VBAC. You know something TOTALLY out of my control. But in the mean time, I'm excited that I know I don't have to be pregnant any longer then feb 12.
Post a Comment