Monday, January 26, 2009

Lydia's 2nd Birthday

Lydia's birthday is Thursday the 29th, so we celebrated yesterday with the Rones. We went straight their after church and put Lydia down for her nap before everyone else got there. She only slept for an hour, then I hear her cry. I went in to check on her and to my utter suprise she had thrown up. *If talk of puke makes you queezy, just skip to the pictures, they are of the birthday party*
We put her in the tub, and she freaked out. I don't think she understood what was happening, the last time she got sick like this was when she was like 8 or 9 months old, so she doesn't remember throwing up.
She threw up just about once an hour whiel we were there, then she woudl want to be held for a few mins then she was up and playing again, you'd have never known she was sick. Then all of a sudden it woudl come up. We washed a few sets of clothes before we gave up and let her run around in a diaper. I got puked on a few times too. Mostly water...mostly, there was still some puke smell to it though.
WE had he party after dinner. Her Great Aunt Sue made her the most adorable Monkey birthday cake, she loved it.We didn't do candles, and we didn't get to close to the cake while everyone was singing to her.Later on after the cake was 1/2 eaten she saw it in the kitchen and got very concerned.
"Mommy, Monkey! A broken!" She didn't totally understand that it was cake, cause she didn't get to eat it. And she didn't see it getting cut up either.Granny and Papa got her a broom, (which she cuddled with later after another sick episode)And they also got her a princess dress up dress. She LOVES her new dress. We didnt let her wear it till today when we knew she was feeling better, so till then she just carried it around
"Oh so pretty! Pretty dress. Oh so soft. Pretty dress" and so on. We put it on her today and she just dances around, What a fun gift!Grandma and Grandpa are comming later on in the week and never fear they will bring birthday candles so she can blow out the candles and eat some cake, you can't be deprived of that on yoru birthday.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

What a pretty princess! Your party sounds awesome, that cake is incredible. Baby Garry's birthday tomorrow will be boring compared to that! Also we have in common: HE threw up Friday night all over. It was nasty-shmasty. Fortunately, you have a wonderful brother who took care of it before I lost MY stomach. Happy birthday sweet Lydia! She's getting so big!

Lildonbro said...

I almost skipped to the pictures cause I don't do well with vomit talk, but you handled it quite nicely and I didn't even gag. :)
She looks SO cute in that dress!!

Laura Willis said...

She is as retty as a picture.
Happy birthday, Lydia!