Yes folks, 5 years. Mark and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Saturday. How crazy is that. I wanted it to be a great day, well at least not a crappy boring day, so I made lunch (which usually I don't) I made biscuits and gravy, tried a new recipe and it ROCKED, I posted the recipe in the previous post, along with a potty training update. Anyway so Lunch was awesome. We didn't do much durring the day. Lydia refused to take a nap and it was too cold to go play out side, and we were stuffed from lunch for quite a while.
I was going to make Lasagna and cheesey garlic french bread for dinner but I had to run to the store to get everything. Lydia was driving her daddy crazy so I took her with me. She fell asleep in teh car on teh way there for about 7 mins, and that was her nap for the day.
We got what we needed and then got a red box movie (but had to go to a different red box cause wal mart didn't have the movie we wanted. So I came home and got dinner going and fed Lydia someting else cuase she was already hungry. That worked out perfect, she went to bed early and we got to have a stay at home date.
We had a nice candle lit dinner (something we have never done before cause we didnt have the candles for our candle sticks), and then we watched our movie, and Lydia was in bed the whole time. It was great.
There was no way of knowing what we were in for the day we got married, what successes and what trials we would have together, all I knew is that I wanted to have Mark there with me through everything, the good, the bad, the hard and the easy. 5 years later having grown together through all our expirences and having the cutest little 2 year old girl and getting ready to have our 2nd, it has been the best 5 years of my life.
If I knew 5 years ago what I do now, I think I would have wanted to move the wedding date up so we could start our wonderful life together even sooner.
I have the most wonderful Husband and family, and I can't wait to see where the next 5 years takes us.
9 comments:
Cute lil fam! It is so crazy to look back and see how time flies and great to see what we have endured and how much closer you are. Gord and I will celebrate the big 5 this year... sounds like a great anniversary.
Happy Happy Anniversary Sarah Dear!
What break was it that you went home and then KNEW when you came back? Because Mark I want you to know she drove us CRAZY! I miss mark. I miss mark. I miss mark. I miss mark!
And even before you went home.I think we all realized you had a crush on him before you did. we'd say some thing then. . .
you'd say.. . .
hey theres this guy and he's like cool, he did this when we were in the branch.
I'm just sayn' incase you forgot, and I thought Mark might get a kick out of it.
Happy Anniversary
I drove you crazy? that was a nice way of putting it. I was the biggest party pooper and mope I have ever seen, for an ENTIRE semester. I think if I were my room mates I would have kicked me out.
I didn't realize I talked about him as much as I did before I went back home, that's funny.
Wow...it doesn't seam that long ago that mark first came over to our house. I was actually thinking about you two a few days ago. I remember mom saying that you had come home from a date and you told mom that you were sort of a couple. And mom thought at that moment....
a couple of what?
lol We have one crazy mom.
I can't believe that it's already been 5 years!!!
Somehow that makes me feel old, and I don't usually feel that way. Thanks a lot you jerk :) Just kidding.
Happy Anniversary to the two of you!!
Happy Anniversary.
Time does fly!
I was just remembering the other day when Sarah told me that she and Mark were a couple and my response was "a couple of what?" That made me laugh. I guess now they are a couple of Rones. It looks like they will soon be a group of Rones.
Congratulations! Don't you just love the poor, young couple anniversaries! This year we went bowling--it was quite romantic! These are the days! Gotta love 'em! It was nice of Lydia to sleep during your movie too! She is a sweetie.
Post a Comment