These energy blasts usualy last between 15 and 30 mins. Sunday she was espically crazy cause we had brownies for dessert and I gave her, get this...2 LITTLE bites, and we had visitors to show off for. The energy lasted between 30 and 45 mins. It was hilarious. When she would roll on the ground she would stop rolling and start scooting across the floor on her back. I wish I had gotten a video. I'll try to get the camera out next time and give you a 30 sec clip.
POTTY TIME
As for the potty, her progress is random. But at least it IS progress. The last time she went potty on the toilet was 2 weeks or so ago, but she did it 3 times that week. Well yesterday after having a dry diaper for 3 HOURS I heard her trying to take her diaper off (I will get in to that in a min) so I yelled at her and she stoped then asked to go potty. After sitting on the potty for a few mins she pointed to her bum and said "A Bum hurt" then promptly went poop. I got thoroughly excited for her but she still looked like she was concentraiting on something, so I encouraged her to "let it out" if you will. And she did. She went Pee on the potty too! Wahoo! So she got arm candies AND a sucker.DIAPERS
Lydia loves to be naked. No matter how many times I dress her or what I put her in in a day she will find a way to get out of it. Often she comes to me and says "Arms up" That is what I say to her when I take her shirt off. If I say no she will either get all tangled in her shirt to the point I HAVE to help her take it off or she will manage on her own. Then she takes her pants off. I don't mind her running around in a diaper usualy. She runs around enough it's not like she gets cold. :)What bothers me is when she wets in her diaper and decides all by her self that she is done with it. Several times I have gone to check on her, and when I last saw her she was FULLY clothed and when I see her she is COMPLETLY in the NUDE. wet diaper discarded somewhere in the hall or her room. Sometimes she will actually bring it to me, which I prefer. I have been lucky for a while. The only discarded diapers were ONLY wet. Till Tuesday. I went to check on her and there she was playing in her room completly naked. I scaned the room and found her diaper under the window, then I noticed that it wasn't JUST wet. Then I noticed that it wasn't JUST in the diaper. I drug her to the bathroom and told her to stand at the door way and just hold on to the gate-I had to find the wipes. When I came back she was starting to sit down ON THE CARPET. I yelled at her and forcefully pulled her back up and noticed two little green smudges on the carpet that weren't there before. I cleaned her up put a diaper on her and then cleaned up the carpet. Luckly the little pooplets that escaped the diaper were solid, no extra mess left behind, and the smudges on the carpet were just barely on the surface, so clean up was a sinch.
So after an incident like that, Yesterdays potty sucess gave me great hope.
7 comments:
Isn't motherhood wonderful?
hahaha well you better get her potty trained before danton is to big...I have 2 of them taking off their diapers. Not so much anymore...but they went through a phase that was AWEFUL!
LOL "My bum hurts..." TADA! Cracks me up. How does one describe what it feels like when you need to make a poo? Er...my bum...it feels.....really weird.
So sorry she took off her poopy diaper and smeared the floor! Little Garry did that to, at almost the exact same time, I am sure. They are tuned in to each other, obviously.
Oh Sarah, souns like that girl's a handful. Caleb has never taken his diaper off by himself (knock on wood). What a silly girl. I think it's a girl thing about being naked. My niece, Dejah, REFUSES to sleep in clothes. She changes her clothes several times a day, but sometimes she just won't put something new on.
I agree progress is great in the right direction. It is wonderful to see you have such a good sense of humor, it makes every day wonderful.
Sorry Sarah, I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My kids have fun running in circles too while screaming at the top of their lungs, I think we have wild banshees instead of sweet children, and as for the diaper thing. Duct Tape, I'm suprised you haven't thought of that one gal. You only need to do it over the tabs, until it gets to heavy and they can squirm their way out of it, but that just means you should change it anyway.
We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment