Friday, December 26, 2008

I stuck my hand in the toilet.

Mom's have to be brave, and tough some times. On Christmas Eve Lydia told me she wanted to go potty, now sometimes that means she really does, and sometimes that means she just did. I'm trying to let her sit on the potty any and EVERY time she asks, so I stopped what I was doing and set her on the potty. She spotted a golf ball and wanted to play with it so badly. I knew if I gave it to her, it would end up in the toilet weather on purpose or on accident. I went aginst my better judgment and gave it to her thinking "If I watch her we can avoid it"
And we did avoid the ball in the toilet...till I turned my head for literally 2 seconds. Then I hear Clank clank clank woosh. The ball was in the toilet. Luck for me when she asked to go potty this time it was just after she went, so the toilet water was just germey toilet water, not germy POTTY toilet water.
If I thought it would have gone down I would have just flushed it. The ball went straight to the trash and my hands went straight to the sink. I nearly burned the flesh off my hand with the scalding hot water.

5 comments:

Chelsi said...

Gotta love that!! Your hands probably weren't any worse than cleaning the kitchen or something, but it is just the thought.... yuck!! So happy to be moved and done with the mess.

Laura Willis said...

Just two things from someone who has been there. Always go with your first instinct and always keep three sets of gloves around, one to keep your hands warm, one to clean up yucky messes around the house and one to take things out of the toilet. =)I love the rubber gloves, I keep a pink set in the kitchen and yellow in the bathroom they are color coded so they never get used in the wrong room. You are too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Sheri said...

"I nearly burned the flesh off my hand with the scalding hot water."

HAHAHAHA!!!! Would you be surprised at all if I said I've done that? Probably not.

I like Aunt Laura's idea of color coded gloves...that had never occurred to me. GENIUS!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I agree with sheri. Laura...you are GENIUS! and sarah...you are

SHE-WOMAN!

Lildonbro said...

Oh you ARE brave :)