Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas at the Rones

This year Marks siblings drew names for gifts. We had our Christmas Party at his parents last night and did the gift exchange. It was a lot of fun. Granny made Aprons for all the kids and all teh Adults got Aprons that the kids are going to decorate in a few weeks.
In the name exchange we got Marks brother Paul, and he got us. Kinda funny. Paul works at a t shirt place so he made us all shirts. They are AWESOME! We will wear them later this week and take pictures for you to see.
We gave them a Mirror. I got the mirror this summer at a garage sale for a buck cause it was a nice mirror that I could etch, thought at the time I had no clue what I was going to do with it. We put a picture of a guy fly fishing on it cause Paul really likes to fly fish. It was fun when they opened it cause everyone in the room oooo-ed and ahhhh-ed at the same time. My mother in law got a great picture of them as they were opening it. She caught both of their reactions. We were glad they liked it.

6 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Sarah! You're so gifted! How do you DO that?

Sheri said...

Holy freaking amazing! You are an awesome artist.

Sarah said...

Ok, I failed to mention that I did not draw that picture. I searched and searched pictures on line and put like 3 different pictures together to make that one. I just put it in the glass (NOT free handed by the way)the only skill there is knowing how to use the tool and knowing how to shade a picture, and having a junk piece of glass to practice on so I don't ruin a good mirror.
That being said, I'm also impressed with the way it turned out. And I'm glad to amaze you :)

Sheri said...

Tracing is a skill too, Sarah. :) And you still amaze me.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow that turned out better than I imagined! great work!

Lildonbro said...

I wish I was cool like you :)