Mark and I were at Wal Mart Saturday and he was looking at cribs and he saw one that "converts" to a toddler bed. The only conversion really was the one rail came off. When we got home it was too late to look, she needed to go to bed. But Sunday morning before church he checked it out and he simple popped the rail off. No tools or nothing. We showed the 'Big Girl Bed' to Lydia and she go so excited.
The first time she slept in it like that was Sunday night. There was no problem since she was already asleep when we put her in. She woke up at 2 am happy as a peach, ready to play. I rocked her and explained to her it was still night and she needed to go back to sleep. I put her in bed and she stayed there. cried a little, but stayed.
Nap time yesterday was the hardest. I held the door shut for 20 mins (she opened it first but the gate was up so she couldnt leave her room, and after that she got a little hysterical. ) She was crying so hard that after she finally fell asleep she was still huffing for a few mins. It was very sad, but we made it. Once she realized she couldn't get out she went back to her bed.
Last night no problem, put her to bed like normal and she went right to sleep. Nap time today no problem. I put her in bed, she cried cause she didn't want to sleep, I held the door so she couldn't open it. She only tried twice. I stood there for 5 mins, thought I only needed to for 1 1/2 mins. She laid down in her bed and was asleep with in 10 mins of me putting her in there.
So this is looking good. We have pillows on teh floor incase she rolls off but so far she hasn't. She likes it. This morning she got up and played or 30 mins then came out of her room when she was ready and she was VERY happy.
This is a picture of Lydia's new favorite play/hiding spot. Untill today when she would sit in there, she woudl close the door and her little legs woudl be sticking out. This morning she learned how to pull her legs in and be totally closed in. She thinks she is so funny and clever when she is in there too, it's so cute. I say "Lydia where are you" and I hear her giggle from under the sink. We keep that cabbnit empty cause she gets in there, so I don't even have to worry about her getting hurt or making a mess.
I thought I love music so much it needs to be out where I can enjoy it every day. :)
6 comments:
You are a GENIUS! In so many aspects! The crib...MARVELOUS! only I don't know if ours would do that or not...And Hanging the instruments up...BEAUTIFUL! I actually envy the instruments...we need more in our home. It looks wonderful!
I love the picture of Lydia in the cupboard! She's such a cute little girl! Nice job converting her to a bed, I can't believe how much she's growing up!
I agree, that picture of her in the cupboard is classic. Do you remember the little "secret" compartment in our house on Maine St.? Little kids are geniuses! And I do like the wall.
That's awesome the transition went so well. I think Kennie is trying to hint that he is ready. He jumps into Hallies bed to read, gets under the covers pretends to fall asleep so I won't put him in his crib after the prayer.
Love the cupboard picture, and she really is getting big shocks me everytime I see a picture.
ha ha, you and me both.
Um...I kind of want her bed, it's like a sleigh bed (which is the kind I want when I finally buy myself some decent furniture).
Great job with the instruments! You're pretty much my hero.
Post a Comment