Why is it that my child only listens to me when I yell at her? I try to stay calm and not yell cause I don't want her yelling, but in the end if I don't yell I get ignored.
I'm sorry. :( It's just a stage. Unfortunately, it's one of those revolving stages that keeps coming back during the daylight hours. I bet she's much better when she's asleep though, right? See, a stage.
I know that we blog to share and to be funny and that we can ALL relate to the stories and reactions of all the mothers and I think I am the oldest blogger in our little family. I also have the oldest children and so have been through it all at least twice. I found it easier to laugh at the little things the second time around and am trying with my teenagers. I fall way short with them and I apologize. Maybe you could tell me what worked with you all because I think your great. As for your little ones I believe in a sense of humor and yet some things need to be addressed. I love two books- "Raising kids who turn out right" by Tim Kimmel and Creative Corrections by Lisa Whelchel . I know money is tight for everyone with little ones but your library might have a copy. These people had children and have a lot of really good advice you may also be able to find them used. No one wants to yell at their children and it doesn't really work. The deal I made with my girls before we came here was that if they made me yell we both did sit ups for it. It worked for me!
Blogs are funny and full of humor and I hope that you don't mind me offering a little advice.
I welcome advice, I know I'm not the only, or the first person out there to be a mom, and mom's all pretty much face the same things...well at least at the 2 year old stage anyway.
6 comments:
psha children. Mine are the same way. good grief.
I'm sorry. :( It's just a stage. Unfortunately, it's one of those revolving stages that keeps coming back during the daylight hours. I bet she's much better when she's asleep though, right? See, a stage.
Sheri, that would be funny if it wasn't true :D
Ah Sheri, you always make me laugh. Yes it's just a stage, that only comes when she is awake. :)
I know that we blog to share and to be funny and that we can ALL relate to the stories and reactions of all the mothers and I think I am the oldest blogger in our little family.
I also have the oldest children and so have been through it all at least twice. I found it easier to laugh at the little things the second time around and am trying with my teenagers. I fall way short with them and I apologize.
Maybe you could tell me what worked with you all because I think your great.
As for your little ones I believe in a sense of humor and yet some things need to be addressed. I love two books- "Raising kids who turn out right" by Tim Kimmel and Creative Corrections by Lisa Whelchel . I know money is tight for everyone with little ones but your library might have a copy.
These people had children and have a lot of really good advice you may also be able to find them used.
No one wants to yell at their children and it doesn't really work.
The deal I made with my girls before we came here was that if they made me yell we both did sit ups for it. It worked for me!
Blogs are funny and full of humor and I hope that you don't mind me offering a little advice.
I welcome advice, I know I'm not the only, or the first person out there to be a mom, and mom's all pretty much face the same things...well at least at the 2 year old stage anyway.
Post a Comment