Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chocolate EXPLOSION!

Yesterday I took Mark to work so I could have the car, and as we were talking in the afternoon he was telling me how cold it was. So come time to pick him up I thought it would be nice to show up with a nice fresh cup of hot chocolate. Hot chocolate with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream in it. It cools it down from a boiling liquid to a perfectly hot but not burn your tong off and makes it nice and creamy. Very good.
I also thought I needed to make 16 oz instead of just 8 so I could have some too. I boiled the water in the microwave then found our shaker cup (the kind used for health shakes, pour in the milk, add the shake powder flip the lid and shake it up then drink from the cup.
...I learned something yesterday, only it was more of a "DUH" moment then an "AH-HA!" moment. Shaker cups are not, I repeat NOT meant for hot liquid. Strictly cold. I flip the cap to shake it adjust my grip, cause after all the cup has boiling hot water in it. I give it one shake adn to my utter suprise it SPRAYS hot chocolate everywhere! I was so in shock I just stood with my eyes closed for a while. My shirt and arms were covered, not to mention my face. The flooor, the front and top and back of teh stove, counter, microwave, cubbord, wall and part of the celling. It took me a min to realize that I had tiny burn on my face and my pinky and crook of my thumb were burned. Not too bad, they just stung for about an hour. I got everything cleaned up from teh explosion except for teh wall
Anybody have any bright ideas on hwo to get hot chocolate stains off a white wall? :) It looks aweful right now. :)

7 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

OH MY GOSH I'VE DONE THAT BEFORE!!!! My mom has shaker cups from when she was a tupperware lady. And we used to make chocolate milk with them. So why not hot chocolate. Oh, well because heat EXPANDS!! And the second you shake it, it's too much for the little plastic container. Yes, chocolate explosion. Except it happened to me when I was like thirteen or something. But, I can definately say I've been there.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

HAHA I could totally picture you doing that! I haven't laughed that hard in a while! haha...ok sorry.

Yeah that stinks. Sorry about the burn too. That major stinks. so I guess maybe it stunks?

as for your wall...an off brand magic eraser would do the trick. Just check your friendly neighborhood DG :D

Julia said...

Just paint over it! ;)
Are your burns serious? I mean, you're okay right? No gigantical bruises?

The Ottley's said...

That is AWESOME! I'd laugh out loud but chadds asleep next to me. In the morning I'll laugh for you. Do you remember when D burned her feet... Or was that after you?

Sarah said...

I'm not sure if I remember that or not, It seems familiar, but then again, I'm not sure.
and yes I'm fine, the burns weren't bad. They just stung a little for a few mins.
In all actuality i normally would have laughed as it happened to me but being moody it just put me in shock, I laughed about 30 mins later.
If the batteries in my camera hadn't died I would have taken a picture.

Sheri said...

Poor sarah. I didn't laugh at all, cause you BURNED your HAND, and only a cruel and heartless sister would laugh at THAT. *significant nod in the direction of rissy*. haha. no no, jus' kiddin'...Wink wink j/k and all that. I'm sorry you burned your hand. I hope Mark recognized your sacrifice in his honor, and rewarded you handsomely with expensive cocolate (of the cool, room temperature variety).

Lildonbro said...

Muhahaha!

I have no comment, I just have my evil laugh in the face of your blunder.