Monday, November 10, 2008

A Banja!

In Honor of Joke Monday
What do Asian's use dental floss for?
*Blind Folds.
So ever since I put my instruments on the wall Lydia gets excited about my banjo and singing songs. Every time she notices it she says "Ah Banja!, Mommy's Banja!" Then she starts talking about songs and singing and dancing. I'm glad I put them up cause even though I don't play the one of the wall very often cause it just dosen't sound that great, I see it and I want to play to I pull my other one out much more now.
I started playing on of my recorded songs I have on the computer and what Lydia heard it she got all excited. "A Mommy's Banja!" And she started dancing. but when I actually pull it out she thinks she has every right to play it as much as I do. So actually playing is harder than it use to be casue if I want to play anything I usually have to stand up and my protruding belly changes the position of my banjo infront of me. :)
Today I was telling her the names of everything on the wall and she was doing pretty good. Espically since most of the instruments have names with 3 or 4 sylables. Concertina, Harmonica, dulcimer, Tambourene. She actually got very close on most of them. :)
As for the bed situation, I'm starting to not like the mornings. Now that she knows she can get up when she wants to, she does. And it's lately been around 6:30. It use to be that when she woke up that early she would stay in her bed and quietly play till I came in and got her. I don't minds getting up at 7, but 6:30, really? Sorry Mark if I get cranky in the morning.
Nap time was intreasting for a while, having to hold her door shut and all, but I have remedied that. We have door handles, not knobs, so all i had to to was keep her from pulling the handle down. I put up the gate so even if she does open the door she can't leave her room. Well I just simple moved the gate up to the top of it touches the door handlethus blocking it from being pulled down. Now if she ever figures out that she can just push up on the handle to open it I'm in trouble.
Oh AND we had a BREAK THROUGH. Lydia still dosen't go potty on the toilet every day, but she is going at least once a week and now a little more often. But a couple days ago before bed time she said to me "I poop on potty" so I ran her to the bathroom and after a few mins she was ready to get up with doing nothing in the potty. I encouraged her to try one more time. Then she quickly positioned her self squarely on teh potty and pushed as quickly as she could and low and behold out came two poops! That was that. Then she ate her candy and went to bed. It was very exciting.
I feel like I had something else to say, but now I don't really remember. Well if I DO remember I might post again later today. Unless of course I don't remember til tomorrow, then I probably wont post what it was today. :)

5 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

aw she's getting so big!!! Can you believe she's going to be an older sister! Oh hey, Me and the boys are driving down with Julia to come see Beauty and The Beast. We'll be at moms house on the 20th and the 21st. Hopefully I'll get to see you when we come! (I'll bring those diapers for ya too) Love ya!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

I was just reading your blog, and Caleb saw Lydia's picture and he said, "It's Caleb!" and I said, "No, it's Lydia." and then he looked at me for a sec, and said, "Wee-dee-dee-dee-uh"......close enough. Hey thanks for the tooth card. It made me laugh. You guys are so sweet!

Sarah said...

I want to come see you when you are here too. That will be fun.
Joseph Raff use to call Lydia Lid-di-dee. Close enough for government work. :)
Glad you liked the card :)

Cassie Rakes said...

sorry about the 6:30 thing, that stinks really bad.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Hey Kristin just started a blog. She hasn't quite got "the fever" yet, but she does talk about her family. It's nice to know what she's been up to.

http://klinevoice.blogspot.com/