Lets see if I can catch you up on what I've been doing lately. The biggest thing has been our Adventures in Potty Land. Now I always thought that an ADVENTURE was supposed to be FUN....That my friends, is SORELY incorrect. I put D in unders the first week of Oct, only diapers for sleeping at night till he gets the hang of it.
For the most part he has done pretty good, but unfortunately he pee's most of the time, so when I say "for the most part" I'm refering to going pee....and that's all. Poop is a whole nother story. So really for about 3 weeks he would poop in the potty about 1/2 the time and in his unders the other 1/2. And let me tell you, this boy is a POOPING MACHINE! I had a total of 3 days in the first 3 weeks that I was not cleaning poop out of unders.
Then I bought him a huge hot wheel car. This car is like 2 1/2 times the size of a typical hot wheels. To get his car he had to go an entire day with no poops in his unders. He did it the FIRST day. (he wasn't in the same pair all day, but he still earned his car cause I didn't have to clean ANY poop) so then if he wanted to keep his car he had to put all his poops in the toilet. next thing I knew it was 5 DAYS LATER, and STILL no poops in the unders! YAY something that actually worked. Then he pooped in unders while playing at grandmas. Now he has to stay in the same unders all day to have the car.
The deal is after 7 days of no poops in unders (I'll let a few pee accidents slide if they are minor) then he gets a trip to Bass Pro by his self with Daddy in Daddy's TRUCK. AND he gets his potty party. We will have cake and invite cousins and I'll buy him new unders with lightening mcqueen and the motorcycle with buttons.
We are so close. We went from 3 clean days in 3 weeks, to only 3 times pooping in unders ALL week. Not bad!
This picture is about 2 months old I think. but I love it. I got the kids all dressed for church and then realized I put them all in green. :)
Lydia was Rapunzel for Halloween. I haven't taken pictures yet, but they are going to go trick or treating today and I"ll take their pictures then. Anyway if you saw on FB I made Lydia a Rapunzel wig. I thought it was cute but I didn't think it was much of a big deal, just a necessary part of the costume. But apparently, when I showed people, it IS a big deal, everyone has been so impressed with it. So I opened an Etsy shop and ended up selling 7 for $45, and then the last one, since it was so close to Halloween, I sold for $50. I seriously sold 8?!?! for almost $50 a piece! They cost like not even $5 to make. Everyone at the ward trunk or treat was also impressed, asking me where I got the idead how to make it. ....ummmm....I don't know. So it was fun to have everyone so impressed.
Lydia of course LOVES it. I wish she would let me make her a new one. It was the first one I did and I can make them a LOT nice now. Anyway I'll post costume pictures soon. She is so funny. Her whole persona changes when she puts on something beautiful. You can see how beautiful she feels.
A couple weeks ago Lydia did a magic show with me for the Activity Day talent show. I'm one of the leaders and I wanted to do something fun in the talent show for the girls.
Trick 1) Lydia takes a drink of water, and makes it come out of my mouth
Trick 2) Lydia blows up the balloon through my ear
Trick 3) Lydia's head gets stuck to my arm
Trick 4) Lydia makes me levitate
We only decided to do it the day before. Lydia LOVES to learn. She always says, "Lets talk about..." And when she says that, she wants to know all the details you can tell her about it. Well the day before the talent show she said "Mom, lets talk about plays" She saw her Uncle Hyrum in a play this spring. So I told her all about auditions, casting, rehearsals, and performances. She loved it. She wanted to do a play, so that's when I got the idea to ask HER to help with the magic show. ...but we called it our play. She is such a HAM, she LOVED being on stage infront of everyone. It was so fun.
Arissa is getting so big she is a week shy of 6 months, I can't believe it. She has the biggest cheeks, and the fuzziest hair ever. She is working on crawling and we are betting she will have it down by the end of the week.
She is much more calm then the other two, but she LOVES watching them. And Lydia is the funniest person Arissa knows. Lydia can get her cracking up better then anyone else.
Can you guess what she is looking at?
No comments:
Post a Comment