Wednesday, June 22, 2011

over due update

Well wouldn't you know it, it's harder to get on and blog with 3 kids then it is with 2. I guess I've got some catching up to do.
This is Arissa about a week old
This is our baby tree. When we were planing our garden this year I found a nut that a squirel burried in one of our big garden buckets. It had started to sprout so Mark planted it in the yard. A couple weeks later we found this:
Then after all the rain the next time we looked at it it was about 8 in tall with a few big leaves. I also found another tree about the same size right next to the house s I moved that one out to the yard also. But some time last week one of the neighbor kids pulls one right out of the ground and the other got trampled. We were sad. Next time we will leave them in our big buckets till they are big enough to survive.

We had my family reunion May19-21. All our plans got rained out, and lots of people were sick the whole time. But we still had LOTS of fun together. (but we REALLY missed Marshall) Nancyann took all the kids on a bear hunt. They had teddy grahams in a bag for each kid, and hid them around the tree house.
We also like to do an Unbirthday party for all the kids at each reunion. They each got a present, girls got dress up stuff and the boys got dart guns.
And everybody got a cupcake and got to blow out a candle.

Mom made a family tree with everyone's hand prints and since we were doing hand prints all the sisters did their own hand print craft. Everyones was different, this is what I did. Lydia's is red, Arissa's is purple and Danton's is blue.
We went to the park for Family Pictures, we got a sibling picture everyone but Marshall. Sheri took the picture, and got us all laughing pretty hard. "Say Adams" "ADAMS!!!" *click* "...Everybody say Compton!" then a few of us at the same time said "....Why?!" And everybody started cracking up, and we got this:
Me and Grandma Willis
And our Updated family pictures!! (I'm not really in love with any of the family pictures we got, but arissa is so little I'll want to update them in a few months anyway)


The last activity at the reunion was opening the time capsule. That was SO fun. we buried it March 2000, we were suppose to open it next year, but it worked out better this year. We all traced our selves on butcher paper and wrote thing about our self. Everything was in this PVC pipe. Nancyann was the MC for the time capsule.


:::MEMORIAL DAY:::
We went out to great Grandpa Adams. Grandpa took us to see the chickens. Danton was helping him feed them.

Then he showed us the baby chicks. Lydia got to hold one. Danton tried to hold one but he just squished it while Grandpa held it. Poor chick.




And of course you can't go to Grandpas with out riding on his tractors.
Daddy was fishing on the lake (of course) so after we were done with the chicks I took the kids down for a fishing trip with Dad. This was Danton's first time fishing.

And Lydia caught her FIRST fish!!! (on her PINK rod) They were on the water for about an hour
This is Arissa I think about 3 weeks old.

This is right around 1 month old. she is 6 weeks now. They both adore their sister. They want to hold her ALL the time.

She was making her talk


I said DON'T poke her eye!
And of course I found a project to do. I made a bed side crib with pvc pipe, works so much better then the porta-crib.



We didn't get very good pictures for her Blessing, we were in a hurry cause all Marks family was coming over for lunch...but at least we got some pictures.



6 comments:

Julie said...

wow! she already looks SO different!
and i loved hearing you talk about the reunion. i miss you all SO MUCH! and i'm still inexplicably grateful that i was able to go.
glad to know life is swell :)

Jenessa Adams said...

Oh my goodness Sarah, you have such pretty kids!!!! Love the pictures so much!!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I was pretty much laughing through this whole post. Love and miss your kiddos...but we'll see you in a few weeks! :D

Anonymous said...

Love this post! It looks like your family has SO much fun! ;)

Sheri said...

"bed side crib with pvc pipe"

You are a freaking GENIUS!!!

zac and manami said...

awesome updated family photo! and your new little girl is so cute!