I'm 30 weeks, almost 7 months. I had my Dr visit yesterday and I'm having another ultrasound in 3 weeks. I'm so excited to FINALLY find out for sure that we are having a girl (if I'm wrong will come back and edit that out :) ) If you are wondering why it's taken so long to have an ultrasound it's cause I had an early one, only 2 are covered, so the normal one at 20 weeks was skipped. If we are having a boy I'm going to have a very hard month and a half with 4 year old girl. This girl has already made big plans for her and her sister, including sleeping in bunk beds. Do you know how excited she gets when she see bunk beds?!?! It's pretty cute really.
I also ask my Dr to schedule my C Section. I'm having a family reunion in May with ALL my sibling sfor the first time in the last 5 years, and possiably the last time for SEVERAL more years to come. Our schedules are all going in opposite directions. May is the ONLY time this year where we could all manage to get together. The reunion is set for the weekend just before my brother goes to boot camp. We are ALL getting VERY excited for this. The only thing that makes me a little sad is that laughing is going to HURT. Do you know how much my family laughs when we are all together?!?! I'm not talking a little chuckle chuckle, I'm talking busting a gut. Unfortunately my gut will have been busted a week and a half before and wont be able to take much busting. Doc only wanted to schedule me a week early :( I was hoping for closer to 2 weeks, but oh well. At least it's not the week of.
I thought that scheduling this would calm my nerves, but who was I kidding? Seriously how do you NOT get nervous, even just a little before going in for surgery. So in the mean time I'm praying for a similar recovery to what I've had with Lydia and Danton. By a week and a half I no longer needed my Rx pills, just over the counter stuff when needed. And I really was feeling pretty good, just quicker to get tired then normal.
The activities we have planned for the reunion are all things I can just sit for. I'll be carted around and then I'll sit in a chair, and tend the baby. I'll have plenty of help with the other 2.
So there you have it. I'm on the last leg of pregnancy now, and I couldn't be happier. Only about 8 1/2 weeks to go!
2 comments:
Well Sarah I wish I could say that we will try hard not to make you laugh, but I don't think it's possible. You are a brave women. We'll just keep praying for a quick recovery and we will try hard not to wear you out too much.
mom
Oh man...be careful with the laughing.
I can't believe you are going to have another one so soon (obviously it's the same length of time it just flies faster in blogville).
Post a Comment