Last night just before FHE the kids were playing with their legos. We have been using our imaginations with legos a lot lately. We are pretty limited with our selection, but we have managed to make guns, houses, deer, dogs, birds, castles, towers, and many other things that didn't resemble at all what we said they were.
We have been talking a lot about temples lately to Lydia. Showing her how pretty they are and how important they are. So I had the idea to make lego temples. I started by telling the story about the SLT temple corner stones. And how they had to be buried, then when they were uncovered they found a crack. All the while animating the story with the legos. Then we built the rest of the temple REALLY slow cause it took 40 years to build. Then we even found the PERFECT Angel Moroni lego piece. It was yellow and had a circle coming off the side which we pretended was his trumpet. Worked great.
Then her favorite story was about the Nauvoo temple And the sisters crushing their china to make the walls sparkle. Well I knew Lydia didn't know what China was, so I explained it as really pretty plates. So we made lego plates, pretended to eat off of them, they were VERY pretty you know, then we SMASHED out plates on the ground and used the broken pieces to build the temple walls. She REALLY liked smashing the plates. :) BUt it was fun, and Danton got involved also.
2 comments:
what a great idea for FHE!!! i'm gonna do that with kellen someday. i bet you are good at building stuff with legos since you can pretty much make anything with duck tape!
That's awesome!! You're such a cool mom (I have probably said that many times before, so sorry to repeat myself :))
Post a Comment