I have taken to locking the bathroom door while I shower if Danton is awake. I try to shower when he is asleep, but that just doesn't always work. When I'm done, I always expect trouble. So I put on a movie for Danton and Lydia, I thought this might actually work this time cause Danton was GLUED. He won't quite sit for a movie yet, but this looked promising.
I came out of the shower to find Lydia in the same spot, a quiet house, and no Danton....oh boy. I noticed the Laundry room door was open...oh boy. We keep the bar stools in there to keep him from climbing on to the counters. He was sitting on the bar stool in front of my shelf with my dry food on it. Beans, rice, pasta. Any open package was now scattered on the floor. I did get a video, but I have to fill up the rest of my disc before I can upload it.
As I was cleaning the mess all I thought was how thankful I was for it. Thankful that is was all dry goods, not stuff from the fridge, and it was on tile, not carpet. Thankful that I had an excuse to get rid of some of the whole wheat pasta that tastes gross. Thankful that I have enough food storage that I didn't have to clean all the dirt out and keep the stuff on the floor. Thankful for a smart healthy strong boy who not only is able to make a mess, but is smart enough to know WHEN to make a mess. There is always something to be thankful for.
4 comments:
And thankful that he didnt go outside and run away!
He is a very clever boy. And you are a very positive mom. :)
WHAT? You think whole wheat pasta tastes gross? That is all I buy haha!
wow... you are awesome! i would scream at kellen if he did that.
Post a Comment