Saturday, April 3, 2010

A pictureless Birthday

I have had a lot of birthdays, and they come at the same time every year. They have all been pretty good. Most have involved strawberries...and angel food cake. Some have coupled with April Fools jokes, but yesterday was one of my favorites so far. Maybe that's just cause I can remember it the best. I don't know, maybe it's just cause it was just that good. Sorry, though. I have no proof. We didn't take any pictures.
It started off great. On My happy Birthday Eve, we decided to get some good walking/water shoes for Silver Dollar City, and we got them both on sale. Oh yeah, love a good bargain.
I woke up to...nothing. No children climbing in my bed, no crying, no nothing. I didn't sleep as great as I'd have hoped, but the fact that I woke up on my own terms make me wake up happy. So as soon as Danton woke up we started getting ready to go. We took the kids over to Granny and Papa's house, and went out for breakfast (for the 2nd time in my life). Had to go to IHOP. I LOVES my pancakes.
When we were full fat and happy, we drove down to Branson. It was suppose to get up to 72 so we wore shorts...ummm it was cold. Well, the breeze was cold. Once we got into the park the hills and trees blocked all the wind so it was actually rather nice. Not nice enough for water rides....Oh no.
We went on rides we had never been on before, they were SO fun. It was fun just to enjoy the day and not worry about anything or any one but our selves. We even had time for a street show before we left. We left the Park early cause it was going to rain. But we got back to the truck before we got wet.
Came home, dropped off Mark to sleep off his motion sickness pills, and looked up some movies on red box, and then went back to get the kids. I printed up some birthday coupons for schlotzkys and papa murphys. On the way home I stopped and got some Andy's frozen custard for Mark and I, and got the movie. Put the kids in bed early and enjoyed a mediocre 2012 and some frozen custard.
Not to mention all the "happy birthday's" I got on the phone and on Face Book. It was a fun day.

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

What a great day. And thats awesome that your kiddos were kind enough to let you sleep on your birthday.

zac and manami said...

how fun! i'm glad you had a great birthday! so mark gets motion sickness? how old are you or maybe i should say how young are you?

Lildonbro said...

...I suck. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good time. I was disappointed in the end of 2012, that's all I have to say.