I picked it up on Friday in the truck. It was on the North side of town so I went around 65 instead of going through town. Well on the way back that 60-70 mph wind did not make the box happy, it ripped it open, and blew out the plastic, so I rerouted and went through town.
Getting it inside was a bit of a trick. but I did it, all by my self.
I backed the truck up as close to the door as I could. Opened the box and brought the back of the chair in first. Then I slid the box off the tail gate and set one end on the ground and had it propped up on the tail gate. I got it close enough that the side of the box on the ground was actually on the door step.
So then I tilted the box up and squeezed as much through the door as possible. running through the house, out the back door and around to the front and back again to push and pull the box....ok, it it might have been a little easier with two people, but I didn't want to wait.
The door got in the way so I still had about 6 to 8 inches of box sticking out the front door, so I crawled in the box and started shimmying the base of the chair out.
I think the whole process probably took about 15 mins. The back just clicked into the base and val-la! I have a chair!
Then I shoved the box inside for the kids to play in.
Lydia thought it was pretty awesome.
Now when I set it up and sat in it, the top portion was a little more plush then the floor model. I'm hoping it will squish down with wear. In the mean time I have to sit in it with a pillow behind my lower back. But I don't mind that. But I have been paying more attention to how messy Danton is when I let him out of his high chair.
1 comment:
Man that chair looks comfy. Good work getting it home and in your house all by yourself! Sounds like it was quite the process.
P.S. Love all the recent pictures. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment