Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lets see, where to start. Lets start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. Well ok, it's not the very beginning, but mearly the beginning of the time that has elapsed since I last posted. But to be totally honest I'm not really sure I can even tell the events in chronological order, I just wanted to see how many times I could say beginning in one paragraph. I'm not sure if I'm loopy cause it's me or cause of a lack of sleep, but actually I have been getting a little more sleep lately, so it's probably just me. But we will get to that in a minuet.
Danton has been smiling a LOT now and starting to talk to us too. IT's so fun. The first picture is my favorite.


AND Lydia (as you can see from the ring of sugar round her mouth) has been getting a lot of arm candies lately due to going potty on the toilet. 5 times yesterday. We are so proud. Now if we can only get her to remember to go number 2 on the potty then we can start putting the underwear on.



Saturday was the Easter egg hunt in our apartment complex, it didn't take Lydia long to figure out what was going on.





And the thing I'm most excited about is Lydia and Danton are now sharing a room. He turned 2 months on Sunday and is out growing his little laundry basket that sits next to my side of the bed. So we moved Lydia into a big girl bed and put the rail back on the crib and raised the mattress for Danton. Monday night was the first time he slept in there and both kids did GREAT. I sleep better with him in another room cause I don't wake up every time he stirs and I think he sleeps better in another room too, he has only been waking up twice at night, and he goes right back to sleep. Lydia sleeps through it all. And during the day Danton sleeps in his crib and we leave the door open and the light on so Lydia can come and go in her room as she pleases. He is use to sleeping in the living room where she runs and screams anyway. So it's been nice.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm so glad the transition went well for you! Dagon is almost 4 months old and I can NOT bring myself to moving him from his bassinet in the living room and put him in his real room with Rylan! Rylan is SUCH a pain to keep in bed that I think once Dagon outgrows the bassinet, I will just move the playpen downstairs!! But yeah, he's been out in the living room since like day 3. I've learned I can't sleep at all if I can hear every grunt and whine, so they're far enough away in the living room that I don't, but can hear when they cry when something is really wrong enough for me to get up. :) But you give me hope that the transition will go well! Thanks! and congrats!

Lildonbro said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that it's already been two months!!
I love your first paragraph by the way, I think I kept up, though suddenly I feel exhausted!!

Sheri said...

Awesome! I'm about to try the "sharing a room experiment" and I'm very nervous. I just know Rach will keep Gar awake with her screaming.... I hope it turns out as well for me as it has for you!

I love Danton's smiley face! I think he looks a lot like Mark. And what a bit Lydia for pottying so much in the potty!

Chelsi said...

I'm not looking forward to the lack of sleep part... Sounds like Lydia is doing great potty training. That's great! Happy late b-day.

Cassie Rakes said...

Looks like a fun easter and what a cute little smile. I am not looking forward to the middle of the night wakings though ugh!