Tuesday, April 21, 2009

kwa-kwers (crackers)



Lydia made crackers on Sunday. It's the recipe for hard tack really. But Lydia dumped all the ingredients in the bowl and stirred it. All I did was roll the dough out on the pan and stick it in the oven. That was the first time she has helped me cook something and she had a lot of fun. Especially when the crackers came out of the oven and she got to eat what she made.
Danton is sleeping like a mad man at night. He is not sleeping like a baby because babies tend to wake up several times at night. Which is something he is not doing. He has been switching from mostly nursing to mostly bottle fed now. He just gets frustrated after 3 mins of nursing and wants a bottle. Which is FINE by me. Who wants to nurse in the summer when it's hot, and you have to hold a baby next to you under a blanket. AND he sleeps longer when he has a bottle before bed as apposed to nursing before bed. Last night he slept for 7 hours straight! Now I got 5 hours straight cause he went to be at 9 and I went to bed at 11. But still 5 hours! Wahoo! He woke up once last night. I think I got a total of close to 8 hours. (thanks to Mark of course)
Mark has been the most incredible Daddy. He has done so much to help me since Danton was born. Lydia is crazy and thinks the day starts between 6 and 6:30 AM. So Daddy gets up with Lydia when she wakes up. I never even asked him, he just did. But when He wakes up he can't go back to sleep, she wakes me up and I'm so tired I just ignore it and I go back to sleep. We put the gate up in her door way before we go to bed at night so she can't wander around the house. So she opens the door and calls for Daddy, then it wakes him up and he can't go back to sleep, so he gets up with her. Plus I get really cranky when I haven had enough sleep, And I think he tries to avoid that. :) Sometimes Danton wakes up to eat around the time Lydia wakes up for the day, and I try to let Daddy sleep when I can. Some times he will get up and fix me breakfast, or start dinner so I dont' have to, or take Lydia out to play when danton takes a nap so I can take a nap or just get some quiet. Like I said, He has been Great.
I love you Mark. Believe me, nothing has gone unnoticed, or unappreciated.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

I can't get over her hair! Love it!! I think boys just need more food... I'm hoping for another good sleeper :)I know I couldn't make it as a single parent. What would we do without our husbands??

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I love your pic on the right hand collumn with you and lydia and the banjos. that is totally one for the wall. She is getting so big! And hurray for danton for sleeping for over 5 hours. thats amazing!

Sheri said...

Look at how long her hair is getting! I'm glad she had fun cooking with you, and I'm glad Mark is such a good daddy, and I'm glad Danton sleeps so great! Rachel has been officially weaned for 3 weeks now, and she finally sleeps through the night. It makes my heart sing.

Lildonbro said...

She's going ot be just as cool as her mom!! I mean, she's already making crackers, a feat I have never done.

Way to go Mark! Kudos, brownie points, gold stars!!