Well I just got back from girls camp, and it was so much fun. Sorry, no pictures. Going as a leader I expected a LOT of down time, so I went prepared, I brought my banjo, my harmonicas and harmonica stand and at last minuet I tucked my concertina into my bag. I played a lot more than I expected to play. I even played around the camp fire one night just with the leaders. Then the next night the leaders asked me if I was going to bring it to camp fire that night to sing with the girls adn I said sure, but we ended up not having it cause other activites went too late, then the next night which was last night, it didn't happen either, but I'll get to that in a min.
This year was awesome, the girls got to go repelling, horse back riding, shoot shot guns and go boating, just for the heck of it. I had a big van so I carted the girls around.
We had a few mistakes with our secrete sisters, but it all worked out.
Today was suppose to be the last day, but yesterday was. We noticed a storm rolling in so we listened to our radio, and there were tornados that hit Springfield and possiable were headed in our direction, in a couple hours. So everyone packed up and ate dinner and headed out. Just as I was pulling out of camp with a van load of crap and girls it started down pouring. You know the kind where you can't see our your windshield with you wipers going as fast as then can, and you hydroplane going up hill. So we said a prayer and drove through the cloud to ground electrical storm all the way home. One of the girls said "I hope you didn't close your eyes Sarah" ha ha ha it was funny. Oh and I hit a squirrel. oops. But it's not like I could swerve or slam on my brakes...so he's dead. But we did see some really cool lightening bolts, like super super close. So close that it scared all the girls. And it was the entire 45 min drive home. Like we were driving into the storm the whole time. It struck a couple fields we were driving by, 2 or 3 times, and it looked like it hit some houses too. Basicly it was super close.
The girls all stayed at my cousins house she was one of the leaders too and she wanted to give them their last night of camp, so they thought that was pretty cool. But I came home...and took a shower.
4 comments:
My favorite part was the squirrel part. That storm sounds superbly awesome. Lucky you! I miss you.
Poor DEAD squirrel.
...at least I HOPE he's dead. I hit a bunny once and just broke it's hind legs. I looked in my mirror and saw it drag it's self off the road with it's front legs.
Humans - 1
Squirrels - 0
Post a Comment