Tuesday, March 25, 2008

words words words

Well probably not many of you have noticed, but I use to have a section on the side of all the words Lydia says. I deleted it because in the last few days she has added so many new words I can't even remember them all. She is starting to say a lot of things. You have to pay attention cause sometimes it just sounds like gibberish till you realize what she is pointing at or doing, or playing with and you realize she is saying the word. And her words change. Thank you use to be day doo, but now it is Tay su. It is a little closer. She never ceases to amaze me at how quickly she learns. A month ago she could only say about 10 words, like uh-oh, ok, ya, mom, dad, and a few others, but now she is comming up with new one every day or just repeating what we say. She will be ready to give a talk in church by the time we move back to MO :)

10 comments:

The Ottley's said...

Read! Read! Read! Hey Sarah, make sure you are reading to your baby girl! (This is teacher Tami talking.) She's at the perfect stage to increase her vocabulary! Again I say... Read! Read! Read!

Sarah said...

I love to read to her, but she is too impacient, she wants to turn the pages.

The Ottley's said...

Well... come on mom spicy it up a bit! :) It's okay as long as she is getting contact with a book. It's called "concepts of print". You can still read even if she's turning the pages. Point to the words and have her copy you.
Okay, teacher Tami aside, how's the Rone family doing?! I'm enjoying the BLOG thing!
Love,
Tami

Cassie Rakes said...

what is it with tami and the reading thing, i mean relay, do she think we gots prob or sumthin. No but really I totally understand hallie is just starting to put her own sentences together. At first I was like what when did you start doing that, and I tease jeremie cuz kennie doesn't say daddie, even though he knows mommie and uses it at many different levels.

The Ottley's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ottley's said...

Okay... so I feel bad. :( Sorry for pushing the reading. I'm sure you are all reading to your children. I'm not doubting your capabilities as a parent. I'm not trying to tell you want to do. I just wanted to be a reminder as to how important it is. Again, I apologize if I hurt any feelings.

Sarah said...

yes tami, I am terriable offended...no need to apologize for saying something you feel strongly about. I feel strongly that people should wear deo, and I'm not apologizeing to ANYONE for saying that :)

Sheri said...

...Reading to your child. lol. If it's anything like reading to my child has been, good luck with that.

I thought I was such a terrible parent because my kid would NOT sit still for a book. He'd just close the book every time I opened one. Then, all of a sudden, like a burst of light from heaven, he WANTED me to read to him! It was crazy, and it didn't happen until he was almost 2. Your burst of light will come. Someday...

Sarah said...

Sheri, thankyou for that glimmer of hope. But it might come sooner than 2. I was reading Russell the Sheep to her and she let em read MORE than 1/2 the book before she tried turning the pages. It was amazing

LilDonbro said...

My nephew talks a lot, but like a good Donbrosky it's mostly in movie quotes :)so you may not have any idea what he is saying, but if you think back to his favorite movies you've got it. My favorite was when he would jump on you and yell, "Anaconda squeeze!" from Naco Libra.
Kids are fantastic.
Oh and Sarah READ! READ! READ! :p