Marks favorite show is Dr Who. It's a British scifi series, One of the "bad guys" is a race of Aliens called the Daleks.
Lydia wanted to make Daddy a Dalek cake for his birthday. He requested that I make him a cheesecake, so I was going to find a simple picture of a Dalek that I could draw with chocolate syrup on the top. But instead I found how to make a mini Dalek cake using swiss rolls. So we headed to the store for swiss rolls and candy. After I took the picture, I realized I forgot the little lights on the top. Lydia decorated the blue one and I decorated the brown one.
For his birthday on Saturday I made him ribs. What guy doesn't love robs?! Honestly I love em too, but they are so darn expensive that we don't have them very often. This is the 3rd time we have made them. The first 2 times we were no super successful. So I spent this last week reading different recipes and methods for cooking ribs, and it paid off.
I took off the membrane on the back, covered them wit ha dry rub (brown sugar, garlic, onion, paprika, cayane, black pepper, and a dash of pre mixed mccormic something or other)
Put them in their own thing of foil with a table spoon or two of apple juice in each one and just a few drops of liquid smoke.
Baked them in the oven for 3 hrs at 250 (actually at 2 hours I turned it down to 200)
Then Mark took them out to the grill, slathered them in bbq sauce, put them on the grill for 20 mins or so till it got bubbly and sticky and then we ate them.
They. Were. AWESOME!
And of course we had corn on teh cobb (but no home made rolls....I spent the afternoon making Daleks instead)
EXTERMINATE!!

4 comments:
HAHA I love the picture of mark eating the Dalek. Awesome.
Love it! Love the Daleks, love the ribs, LOVE THE RISSA!! When did she get so OLD?
I love Dr. Who! Those are awesome little Daleks!
BWahahahaha!! You are seriously the BEST wife!!! That is AWESOME!!! Love the picture where he is devouring the Dalek!!!!!! :) Great job on the ribs too! You are AMAZING! Seriously....I am in awe by you and all your skills!!!
Post a Comment