Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lydia's scripture study

     Last night for Lydia's scripture study we read Mosiah chapter 19 in the Book of Mormon. This is about the wicked King Noah taking the men and fleeing from the approching Lamanite army, leaving the women and children and a few of the men (who refused to leave their families behind) to fend for them selves. They "caused that their fair daughters should stand forth and plead with the Lamanites that they would not slay them. And it came to pass that the Lamanites had compassion on them, for they were charmed with the beauty of their women. Therefore the Lamanites did spare their lives"


 A little while after we were done reading Lydia said "Mom, I'm pretty huh."
"Yes you are Lydia, you are very pretty"
"The Lamanities wouldn't kill me because I'm so beautiful"
(chuckling to my self) "Nope, they wouldn't kill you, you are very beautiful"

ha ha ha well, at least she is getting something out of the scriptures.

I'm not quoting word for word, cause I can't remember exactly, but that is how the  conversation went anyway, And while we are reading I stop often and make sure she understands what we are reading.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Lydia is so darling. Way to be such an example to her and for reading the scriptures to her. Great job Sarah!

Sheri said...

Haha! I love her. And also, you guys are 18 chapters ahead of us. We'd best speed things up!

zac and manami said...

lol! what a smart girl! sarah, you are doing a great job leading your kids on the right path!

Lildonbro said...

...we're supposed to liken the scripture to our lives right? The girl is wise beyond her years :)