Got home around 3 and I kept having VERY light contractions and my hands and feet were VERY swollen, so I figured I just over did it with the hike. By like 6:30 Mark wanted me to start telling him when I had a contraction even if I thought it was nothing. So he was writing them down and by 7 they started getting more painful and by 8 they were about every 8-15 min apart and they ALL hurt. So he called the hospital and they said to come in. So he called him mom to come stay with the kids and while she was coming over he was packing the bags.
We got there around 9, The nurse checked me and said we had to wait for the Dr, but she said most likely we would be having the baby that night. Dr got there and said we would be going in for the C section around 11. That time went by VERY slowly.
She was born at 11:31, 7 lbs 8 oz, 22 in long. That night was LONG and hard. I didn't get out of recovery till about 2, and then I couldn't sleep cause I had nurses coming in and out checking on me every few mins, and my face was itching so bad that it actually kept me awake (side effect of the medicine) and plus I couldn't move cause of the spinal. Having labor contraction compeletly wore me out. I was ready to fall asleep by 7:30, and then after every contraction I felt even more drained. So by this time all I wanted to do was SLEEP.
Morning came and they brought me Arissa from the nursery
Sunday was pretty long and slow. If I sat still for more then a few mins with out talking or doing something I fell asleep. VERY tired. Marks parents came to visit that afternoon, and then that evening my parents came with Danton and Lydia. It was nice to have the 2 visits, it broke up the day a little. And as it should be, the Grandparents and siblings were the first to meet her.
Danton and Lydia just LOVED her.
Monday morning I saw my Dr, he looked at my incision and talked to me a bit. He said "you kinda jumped the gun didn't you" I said "nope I didn't, SHE did" I was scheduled to come in Monday Morning May 9 at 7. He told me I looked great and asked if I wanted to go home that day. WHAT?!?!?! Heck YES I do. Arissa's dr looked at her and said she looked great and she could go home Monday as well.
1 1/2 days in the hospital after a C section. NOT TOO BAD!!!
Oh and the dr that actually DID the surgery checked me out Sunday, and he said I was recovering really well. Then before he left I asked him if my scaring from my other C scetions was bad. He told me I had very minimal scar tissue, he said he wouldn't have know that was my 3rd C section by the scar tissue. That made me really glad to hear.
The whole time in the hospital Mark was saying how surprised he was at how fast I was recovering. And I really am feeling great. But I have a good reminder to just sit. I'm not even aloud to get up to warm my food in the microwave. :)
My mom has had Lydia and Danton for the week, and Nancyann (my sister) has been staying here with me to help me and make sure I don't over do it. (which I have a tendency to do)
Being at home is SO much more comfortable the the hospital. That awful bed kinked my neck and shoulders pretty bad. I laid down on my bed for the first time and just melted. I LOVE that bed. And my nice recliner...yeah, I've been living in it the past couple days.
We are coming up of 4 days old tonight. I feel GREAT. Every day it's easier to move, and I could probably not take my prescription meds and be JUST fine. HOWEVER, I have a good husband and I get in trouble if I get up to get anything for my self, and I'm going to do whatever my Dr asks me to do (including taking meds that don't feel like I need) cause I want to recover quickly and completely.
I'm SO greatful for Nancyann and Mom. Nanc has been staying with me and Mom has the kids. Mom brought the kids over this afternoon cause I was misisng them, and they stayed till Daddy got home. I'm going to have to do a LOT of recovering before I'm ready to take on all 3 by my self. They are tiring. But it was so CUTE to see them interacting with Arissa all afternoon. Lydia would kneel down next to the couch and get her head close to Arissa and quietly talk to her, and touch her little fingers, SO cute. Danton got to hold her again and he was just ALL smiles, he really likes her. But he just calls her Rissa, which I think will be very common.
First picture of Me and Arissa. I thought was feeling pretty good, but now that I look at the picture I still look SO exhausted. This was just a couple hours after we got home. She wasn't quite 2 days old yet.
*****Update****
She is a GREAT sleeper. However it's hard to get her to initinally go to sleep for the night. Last night I was up with her till midnight. FINALLY got her settled down and to sleep, and she fills her diaper. BAH. She slept for 4 hours, then got a little whiny so I fed her and slept at the same time, then she woke up at 9 to eat, I got up for the day and she is still sleeping. I think she will probably sleep till noon. I would LOVE to get her on an 8 to 8 schedule, instead of a 12 to 12, we will see how long THAT takes. She is just so happy and content. Yesterday when the kids were wrestling with Daddy and screaming and going crazy she was very calm and relaxed. She was HOME.
7 comments:
awe!! love those cheeks!! CONGRATS TO YOUR NEW ADDITION! SHE IS ADORABLE!
Congratulations--she is beautiful! And glad to hear all went well!
Yay! Congrats :) Cute name! Hope the adjustment goes smoothly.
Cobgrats! She's so BEAUTIFUL and you are amazing! I'm Very impressed you went home so soon! Those C-sections can be tough!
congrats!! she is so cute! I just love her little cheeks! COngrats and we hope you are doing well! Miss you guys.
Congrats she's beautiful!
congrats, sarah! she is so cute! and i'm glad you are recovering well. and i love the pictures of your kids holding her. so cute when danton was kissing arissa! cute!
Post a Comment