...yeah right. I WISH. It's pretty sad when you consider 6:30 sleeping in. Lately I've been getting up between 5 and 5:30. Danton is like Mark, once he wakes up, he is UP FOR GOOD. I have tried putting him back in bed, and going back to bed, but if he wakes up any time after 4:30 USUALLY he will not go back to sleep. Not only that but if I leave the room he just yells and screams and kicks the door, which wakes everyone else up. So I have tried laying down in his bed with him. Nope, he still wants to get up. We go through spurts of laying down quietly to yelling at me in frustration cause he wants to get up, so I hold him down and cover his mouth to save my ears and to keep everyone else asleep....as you can see I have a fun start to my day.
So the day usually starts between 5 and 5:30. Since Danton does not know how to be quiet (at least he is HAPPY) he wakes up Lydia usually around 5:45 (this girl would normally sleep till 6:30).
Now you would think it wouldn't be so bad cause I can just take a nap when Danton does....but in reality I might get a nap once or twice a week. Bed time is 6:30 PM. I know that sounds early, but even when we keep him up till 7:30 or 8 he is STILL up BEFORE 6 am.
If you have ever been around my Danton, he is CONSTANT. He brings new meaning to the word busy. His hands, his feet, and his mouth never stop. He is such a cutie, but an exhausting cutie. By the time 6:30 rolls around Mark and I are both physically and mentally exhausted so we end up putting him in bed early (instead of keeping him up in hopes that he will sleep longer).
So now I'm in my 2nd trimester when I'm suppose to have a little more energy and I still feel exhausted all the time. Last night I went to bed at 8:30, expecting to be up at 5:30 again, and hoping I could get a LITTLE more sleep, and guess who was up BEFORE 5 this morning. --I CAN'T WIN--
Shiesh. Can you tell I'm a little frustrated, and cranky this morning? BAH!!
I do have high hopes though. Mark is back in school for the semester and his new schedule he is gone to work and school 6:30am - 6pm constantly every day. So I'm hoping with this new schedule we will eat dinner at 6, and start pushing bed time back to 7, or 7:30, and maybe if we do that consistently he will learn to sleep a little longer. And I might try just letting him cry it out and pound on the door in the morning and not go in there before 6 no matter what. .....that sounds like a rough couple weeks of a transition though if you ask me. ...
*ok, I'm done venting...for now*
1 comment:
eesh, good luck with sleeping in boot camp. I hope it works!
Post a Comment