The kids got up early (as usual) but Mark heard them before I did and so he got up first. And when he went out of the room he LOCKED THE DOOR. Which meant he was going to make sure the kids stayed out and let me sleep in. ***AWESOME*** I got to sleep in till 6:30 (which may not sound like much, but believe me, that is sleeping in). We made an awesome breakfast (just biscuits and gravy, but they were awesome) Then Mark FINALLY ordered his tv that he has been wanting FOREVER. He had just enough left over money from selling his truck, so this is his big splurge. And he got a pretty good deal on it too.
After naps and lunch we took the kids to Bass Pro Shops. They love going an playing on the 4 wheelers and boats and seeing all the fish and turtles. And they were really good the whole time we were there. AND I finally got a good picture of Lydia that I can hang on my wall.
Got home, called a babysitter and about an hour later we were off on our date. We stopped and looked at some tv stands at a furniture stores, no luck. THRIFT STORE!!!
I LOVE thrift store shopping and I haven't really been able to do it since I always have the kids. We didn't find a stand but I did find EXACTLY what I wanted to get Lydia for her birthday, only way better, and about 1/3 of the price. I got her some pots, pans, and dished for her kitchen. AND we found some more legos, the same kind we already have. 2 bags for $2 each and they are normally $20. Wahoo!!
Then off to dinner. We went to Logans Steak House, one of our favorites. I decided to splurge and get the steak and shrimp (these shrimp were HUGE. And it was twice as much as we normally pay for a plate there. They took a little while getting our food out to us, but everything else was great. When we finally got our food the manager came over and told us it was complementary cause it took so long. ***AWESOME*** I picked a GOOD time to get the steak and shrimp. I only ate 1/2 so I asked for a box. As I was filling my to go box I bumped it and knocked 1/2 my food out and on to the floor. *BUMMER* I had already put my shrimp in. But guess what hit the floor...ONLY my baked potato. I was sad cause it was awesome, but I was SO happy that my giant shrimp stayed in my box. YAY! (and it was FREE)
OH and we still wanted to tip the waiter but we had no cash, so they charged us for the cheapest thing on the menu which was $.79. and guess what it was...CHEESE! How appropriate. :) So we tipped him $7 casue it was our 7th anniversary and we have been having good luck with the 7s's so far. :)
So then off to Wal Mart, casue really, there is always something you need at wal mart. :) We got fishing stuff for Mark, and I got everything else I need for Lydia's birthday. (Including cake decorating tips) (and we spend LESS then we would have if we had to buy our dinner) Then I wanted ice cream, so to Braums we go. I got twice as much as I can normally finish. I got a double dipped cone (and they are huge) dipped in chocolate coating. *YUM* and a to go cup. I only ate the top scoop and stuck the rest in my cup to take home and put in my freezer. Mark got only 1/2 done with his shake before he said he was done. And the crazy went ahead an finished it. I told him to save it cause weather he eats it all now or 1/2 now and 1/2 tomorrow he is still eating the same amount of sugar. And he thought I was silly for saving my cone. But guess what. Sunday after church when I ate my awesome left overs and was in the mood for some chocolate and ice cream I STILL HAD SOME!!! ...so I chomped into my awesome big cone and then when Mark saw what I was eating he came over and gave me his best puppy dog eyes and I shared more with him too. I said I told you so about the ice cream. ha ha ha.
We also looked back at the last year and we have been very physically blessed. Blessings of STUFF. house, van, truck, toys, same job ALL year great kids, all in good health, ect ect ect. It was another good year to add to the previous 6.
3 comments:
aw awesome! and how cool that you got steak and shrimp FREE! sweet! Somebody love you! Happy 7th anniversary!
Congrats! 7 years! WOW!
7 years?! Seriously? How old am I?
Post a Comment