Friday and Saturday we had a relief society spring break down in Branson. The theme was love. We had a presentation about loving our selves, and seeing our selves through different mirrors and being able to see our self the way Christ and Heavenly Father see us. Then we listened to a talk about the different love languages. How people show love and understand love, (through gifts, time, service, words, ect) and being able to learn to understand how to show love to someone through their love language, it was really cool.
Then we had activities based on Love. Loving our self with pampering activities, and loving others with sending packages to our troops. (I for one didn't care about the pampering activities, but I didn't really care what we were doing, I got to have the night off and visit with friends. )
The next morning the surrounding stakes were invited to join us and we had Sister Alred (first counselor in the General RS Presidency) come and speak to us. She talked a lot about the history and importance of RS and a little bit about missionary work. And we had an awesome musical presentation as well. It was over at noon. Very uplifting and lots of fun.
THEN Sunday was my ward conference and guess who was able to come...Sis, Alred. So i got to listen to her in Sacrament meeting as well. But I had to sub in nursery so I wasn't going to get go to RS, BUT the sister who I was subbing for was able to come for the last hour so I DID end up getting to go. Sister Alred had a late flight so she was able to attend (and speak in) RS also. It was a very cool weekend.
We have a lapel mic that is usually used in the RS room for the speakers, and when the Stake Pres got up to speak toward the end of the meeting he didn't really want to use it. He asked a couple times if everyone could hear him fine and was about to go on with speaking when Sis Alred piped up and said
"No body answered cause no one can hear you"
Maybe you just had to be there, but it got us all laughing
1 comment:
Ha-ha! I love spunk in all forms, but especially from leaders in the Relief Society :)
Post a Comment