This morning as I was eating breakfast, Lydia had already finished and was playing in the living room.
"These are the scriptures. I read my scriptures. Chapter 8: And it came to pass..... these are the words....and his Father"
She read her scripture for a few mins, I don't remember everything she said, but it was cute. Then I hear her talk about Family Home Evening,
"He is my Heavenly Father, and this is Jesus. ...You put your hand over your eyes." (we talked about Jesus healing a blind man this week, and we put our hands over our eyes to show her what being blind is)
"And the Nephites, and the kids." Again I don't remember everything she said but we talked about Jesus coming to the Nephites and blessing the children. She continues to talk about it and then she went back to talking about the scriptures.
It was very cute, and it's nice to know that even at 3 the she enjoys FHE and she is actually getting something out of it. Later she came over to me and said
"Mom, these are my scriptures, can we read them?"
Well you don't want to say no to THAT one. :) So we read scriptures this morning. :)
5 comments:
How sweet! I'm sure that was one of the best moments you've had as a mom, seeing that your children are learning about and loving the gospel. :) It reminds me of Garry reading the friend to Rachel. :)
cuteness. I cant believe how big these kids are getting.
that was great. I hope she rubs off on my kids during the visit.
what a good girl. you must be teaching her the right stuff. i hope kellen will like the scriptures. but i guess i will have to be the good example!
That's just too cute! You guys are really good parents!
Post a Comment